Starting with the September 2012 Board Meeting, we’re posting brief summaries of the meetings to keep members informed, with a link to a longer summary. Both the brief summary here and the longer summary are provided by the STC Secretary, Alyssa Fox.
The board met three times in November and December to continue normal business and to plan and budget for the upcoming year in 2013.
STC is working with a search firm to recruit for, interview, and hire a new executive director.
The board discussed and approved changes to the STC Certification Commission bylaws pertaining to the role of the STC executive director on the STC Certification Commission. The board continues to work with the STC Certification Commission to develop guidelines for future population of the commission, and to amend the STC Certification Commission Articles of Incorporation.
The board discussed and approved changes to the STC bylaws pertaining to the areas of executive director and board powers, succession in case of Immediate Past President vacancy, and the Nominating Committee and running for Society office processes.
The board received the following updates:
- Aiessa Moyna, STC Treasurer, reviewed the 2013 STC budget with the board, including requests from various committees for funding.
- Tricia Spayer, STC Director, and Steve Skojec, director of community relations, updated the board on current community status. The update included numbers of communities, a summary of leadership resources for communities, and ongoing activities from the Community Affairs Committee.
- Ray Gallon, STC Director, and Barbra Sanders, membership manager, updated the board on current membership committee efforts.
- Stacey O’Donnell, business development manager, reviewed the business development and sponsorship programs currently underway and plans for the coming year.
- Liz Pohland, director of publications and content strategy, discussed STC’s content assets, and plans and strategies for 2013.
Click here for links to PDFs of the longer Board meeting summaries. (Note: This link goes to a members-only area, so you’ll need to log in.)