Note: this post is on behalf of Aiessa Moyna, STC Treasurer.
I’m excited to announce that the STC Board of Directors has determined that in 2013, STC will provide each chapter and SIG one free registration for the Technical Communication Summit in Atlanta. The decision is in response to feedback from community leaders and is intended to help ensure that all communities have an incoming leader representing them at next year’s Leadership Program. It also will help many communities avoid a major annual expense so they can dedicate more of their funds to programs and services that benefit a broad cross-section of members.
A few conditions will apply:
- Each community will receive just one free registration
- The free registration must be used by an incoming member of the community’s administrative council or management team
- The leader must stay in the conference hotel
- The leader must attend the Leadership Program (for an additional nominal fee)
- The free registration may not be used as a prize for a community member at large; it also may not be transferred to another community
- To secure the free registration, communities must submit a budget and indicate they intend to send a leader to the Summit
Later this week, the STC office will begin distributing the 2013 budget packets to community treasurers and other leaders. We wanted to be sure that you had this information ahead of time, so you can plan appropriately for next year and reflect those plans in your budgets. As you begin the planning and budgeting process, you can feel free to reach out to me and Chief Financial Officer Greg Larsen with any questions you may have.
See you in Atlanta!