STC’s Technical Editing Virtual Conference starts on Tuesday, 16 October, and registration cuts off on Monday, so you must renew soon if you wish to take part in this unique, three-day, live learning event.
The virtual conference takes place completely online, from Noon-2:15 PM EDT (GMT-4) on 16-18 October, with four sessions per day. Hosted by Angela Eaton of Texas Tech University and featuring many of the authors from the recent Technical Editing issue of Intercom, sessions will provide research, insights, tips, and techniques to improve your technical editing. Topics include:
- Cut the Fluff
- Editing: Reviewing Levels and Choosing Types
- Everything (And We Mean Everything) We Know about Editing: A Review of Contemporary Research Studies in Technical Editing
- Editing Non-Native English
- Insights from Interviewing 49 Editors: Best Practices and Challenges
- Learning from Our “Mistakes”: How Technical Communicators Prioritize Error
- Embedding the Editor: Tips and Techniques for Editing Embedded Assistance
- STC Technical Editing Special Interest Group: Membership, Activities, and Value
- The Evolving Role of the Technical Editor
- What Technical Editors Can Learn from Epinions.com Advisors
- Research in Technical Editing: Why Bother? How Can You Help?